Yesterday I spent most of the morning catching up on yard work and gardening. The clematis is at it’s peak and the columbine came up (I was sure it did not survive the dog’s impromptu excavation last year).
After a little lunch I got to
work play. First, the piggy got a face:
it needs a bit of toning down, but I’m happy with the arrangement and feel it falls into the “aww cute” category rather than the “oh dear”.
Pascale’s cyclamen kit got a bit of attention after some practice with nib pens to vein the leaves. The effect is nice thin lines without having to paint them on. A few buds were also started. This is getting my attention in between drying times from other projects. It’s time consuming as there are so many small parts and my eyes need a break from it here and there.
The mirror has it’s base coats on. The color looks good so far, I intend to add a couple more light coats, and then add the gold detailing.
Next, I finally added the tile back-splash to the kitchen. This was a regular Houseworks white tile sheet and I painted on the green and sealed it with a gloss. The room is now at the point where I can work on adding some understated trims. You might notice the pencil marks on the walls…you will have to wait a bit to see what those are about
I repainted this stand mixer to match the kitchen, which I bought from Barb’s Corner on Ebay; I’ve bought from here before and will likely do so again.
and finally, I punched out, sanded, and glued the windowsills for: the bedroom double window, both living room bays, and the cellar window. That was the last of the sheets from the BH kit.
It was very gratifying to take those last sheets out.